Now that I’ve decided to switch to school full time, I have even LESS time to meal prep so I’m going to have to get creative in the kitchen. This was so easy – I can’t believe I haven’t done this sooner. All I did was remove the leaves, slather on some oil and spices and roasted it up. So versatile because you can use whichever flavour profile/spices you like. It was so easy to cut into slices afterwards and the cauliflower stayed crunchy on the inside while being soft and flavourful on the outside – just how I like it!
I’d love for you to try my recipe 🙂 ! Please tag me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @balancingandie so I can see your lovely creation friends! To never miss a post again, you can subscribe to my blog on your right hand panel and receive some free meal prep tips too!
Quick Whole Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 tbsp avocado oil (or other mild oil)
- 1/2 tsp each salt, black pepper, turmeric and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (Optional - or to taste based on how hot you like your food)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the green leaves on the bottom of the cauliflower and wash. Leave cauliflower upside down to drain the water out. Once it is drained, pat dry (moisture can make it steam in the oven).
- Create cuts about 1 inch deep around the top of the cauliflower (# pattern). Not enough to pierce the step but to allow some flavours to seep in.
- 1 tbsp at a time, pour the oil on the cauliflower, rub in and repeat with all the oil (don't forget the bottom).
- Divide seasoning - sprinkle a little, then rub it in and repeat with all the seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes for soft outside, crunchy inside or longer/shorter based on your preference!
- Slice to serve & enjoy!
© 2023 Copyright © 2016-2018 Balancing Andie