Man, this past weekend was so cold and rainy, that I loved being cooped inside all day. I kind of wanted to make a muffin but came up with these delicious beauties a few weeks ago instead and literally have made them so often that I just had to share them with you all! They are so healthy that I wouldn’t even feel guilty eating some for breakfast when you need to grab and go.
They are SO easy! You only need 1 bowl to mix all the goodies in and are gluten-free and even vegan if you substitute the egg for a flax egg (mix 1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water for 5 minutes). The almond flour gives a lovely wholesome texture with all the delicious fats your body needs.
I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that you might want to eat handfuls of these…like below 🙂
I’d love for you to try my recipe 🙂 ! Please tag me on Instagram and Facebook @balancingandie so I can see your lovely creation friends! To never miss a post again, you can subscribe to my blog on your right hand panel.
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
The extra dried fruit or chocolate adds a bit of sweetness to this recipe. You can switch up what you use but I'd recommend something to give it that delicious chewy texture. Some other examples of ingredients you could substitute would be dates, apricots etc.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used almond)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed (or chia)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp allspice (sub cinnamon/nutmeg)
- 1 grated carrot (about 1 cup - loosely packed)
- 1 whole egg (or flax egg if vegan)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal (quick cooking or steel cut)
- 1/2 cup dried raisins (sub dried cranberries or chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the ingredients in the order listed, stirring after each new ingredient.
- Mixture will be sticky but not watery. Either refrigerate to make it easier to handle or using a tablespoon, drop onto baking sheet, press down a little bit.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until slightly firm on the top and golden brown on the bottom. Let cool before consuming - if possible!
© 2022 Copyright © 2016-2018 Balancing Andie