I have an easy breakfast recipe for you that is perfect for meal prep! They taste good all week and reheat so well. I love adding so many veggies to my cups so they feel light and nutritious but also feel free to switch up the ingredients based on your taste buds. I mainly used mushrooms and spinach but you could also use do a kale and zucchini combo or add some cheese on top like cheddar before it bakes or feta as a nice savory topping when you’re eating it. If you’re doing this for meal prep, you might want to double or triple your recipe and even freeze some.
I prefer to cook my veggies prior to baking them because some veggies release a lot of water and then you might have goopy eggs AND onions taste way better if they are golden brown prior to being baked raw.
I used ramekins but you could also use muffin tins and make more than just 4. Pro tip: always spray or grease the pan, let the egg cups cool before trying to remove them from the cups, it’s easier or else it sticks to the sides sometimes or use a silicon muffin pan. I’d love for you to try my recipe 🙂 ! Please tag me on Instagram and Facebook @balancingandie so I can see your lovely creation friends! To never miss a post again, you can subscribe to my blog on your right hand panel.
Breakfast Egg Cups – Grab & Go
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 handfuls of spinach (about 2 cups)
- 10 mini bella mushrooms chopped (or other variety)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arugula, cilantro, basil etc.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 4 ramekins with coconut oil spray or other of your choice.
- Saute onion with olive oil on medium high heat until translucent and turning brown.
- Add garlic and chopped mushrooms until mushrooms have released water and shrunk.
- Add spinach and cook down with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide evenly in 4 ramekins.
- Break all the eggs in a large bowl, and whisk until frothy. Divide evenly over 4 ramekins and bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes until the eggs are set in the middle or to your liking.
- Serve in ramekins and eat immediately or allow to cool before you try removing the eggs from the cups if they are sticking at all.