I am SO excited to share this Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bread with you! It’s gluten-free, refined sugar free, oil free and dairy free but yet still so moist and delicious!! I’d say a cross between banana bread and an apple pie :).
I used brown rice flour, steel cut oats and almond flour as my mix but you could probably substitute a gluten-free blend too. I just find the mix of those creates the best texture that isn’t dry and super crumbly or dense! Gluten-free baking is no easy task, I have had some epic fails when I tried to just “wing it”. A mix is probably the best rather than substituting with just one type of gluten-free flour. The end result can be quite dense otherwise.
I really hope you try out this delicious recipe! Please tag me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @balancingandie so I can see your lovely creation friends! To never miss a post again, you can subscribe to my blog on your right hand panel and receive some free meal prep tips too!
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bread
- 1 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour (or gluten-free blend)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped (reserve about 1/4 for topping)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (reserve 1 tbsp for topping)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar (do not omit - sub lemon juice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line loaf tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl (keep 1/4 cup apple and 1 tsp coconut sugar aside).
- Add dry ingredients to wet, careful to not over stir.
- Transfer to lined loaf pan, top with remaining apples and coconut sugar.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Store any excess in the fridge once cooled completely and enjoy!