Since it’s been so hot lately, I was excited to experiment with cold freezer treats because come on…
SWEET TREATS x FROZEN TREATS = BLISS
These start to melt SO FAST so they’re definitely the kind of treat you take out of the freezer and pop in your mouth. They’re perfectly sweet and just the best post-dinner snack. It was almost a rush to see if I could cut and take pictures without these melting :). The first time didn’t work out so well…the weather was way too hot but I decided to try again on a cooler day since so many of my followers on Instagram wanted the recipe. These will definitely be a staple in my kitchen going forward.
Make sure you allow sufficient time for the mixture to freeze like above and don’t omit the coconut oil! It won’t freeze up properly without it and then they will melt SUPER SUPER FAST.
This almond butter freezer fudge is vegan, gluten-free, paleo friendly, keto friendly and whole 30 friendly. So if want to keep it simple or are following a specific diet, you don’t need any of the optional toppings I used. You can just combine the coconut oil and the almond butter but I like some texture and additional sweetness 🙂 so loved the addition of the chia seeds, dairy-free chocolate chips and sea salt. You could also try a seed like pumpkin seeds for some extra crunch without the added sugar and keeping it whole 30 compliant. If you want to keep it completely free of any refined sugar, I’d suggest cacao nibs instead of mini chocolate chips.
You can chop them up into large pieces like above, or smaller pieces like below. Personally, having done it both ways, I prefer the smaller pieces because then I can just grab and pop one in my mouth without it melting all over my hands and it’s the perfect size without being too much after dinner.
I really hope you try out this delicious sweet treat recipe! Please tag me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @balancingandie so I can see your lovely creation friends! To never miss a post again, you can subscribe to my blog on your right hand panel and receive a freebie too!
Almond Butter Freezer Fudge (Keto, Vegan, Gluten-free, Paleo)
I used almond butter but I'm sure you could use any other nut butter as well. These are such a delicious dessert or snack to keep in the freezer at all times, you will love them!
- 1 cup (smooth or chunky) almond butter (unsweetened) - I used Trader Joe's
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (softened or melted)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips (optional - vegan if required)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper. I find plastic wrap is easier but both will work.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, almond butter & maple syrup if using. Don't heat the coconut oil too much if melting from solid or it will melt the chocolate chips at the next step.
- Pour mixture into prepared the loaf pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips, chia seeds, sea salt or any other toppings you are using. (Pumpkin seeds would be good here too!)
- Put in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until fully set (it will harden completely).
- Remove and cut into squares.
- Enjoy right away & keep any extras in the freezer or these will melt (FAST)!