Can you guys believe it’s DECEMBER!! Because I certainty can’t. I swear I sound like a grandma saying the year has flown by ;). I often hear from so many people that they never know what to buy during the holidays for their “health-nut” friends, so I’m here to give you some ideas of what I would love to receive so if your friends and family are anything like me, feel free to shop away by clicking on any photos or links provided. I personally own all of these items, which I have linked or a comparable product.
- For the Workout Junkie: In my opinion, you can never have too yoga pants…Some of my favourites are Alo Yoga (shown here), Lululemon and Victoria’s Secret. Tips on how to pick a pair: Girls like them High-Waisted, Sweat Proof and solid colours are ALWAYS a safe option 😉 .
- For the Book Worm: The older I get, the more self help books I read! One easy to read book that is hands down my favourite and humorous is You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero. If you’re interested in some other books that I recommend, you can read a blog post here. Additionally, a friend recently gifted me The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, which I’m about half way through and really like that for practical things you can incorporate into your daily life. Another idea would be cooking books like Angela Liddon’s Oh She Glows, which is a plant based book or Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredients Book for fast easy recipes for the no-fuss friend in your life.
- For the Make Up Addict: Clean skincare brands are the new thing and here to stay! I recently tried a liquid blush by Glossier called “Cloud Paint” that I didn’t love at first but now I really like it. Once you learn how to put it on (dab lightly) it stays on all day and has many gorgeous colours based on your skin tone. I got the colour “haze”. It’s a deep colour, great for darker skin tones. They have 3 others for a lighter colour as well! I also really enjoy Keihl’s Midnight Recovery Serum, especially in these winter months. It gives my skin the moisture in need overnight to look alive and radiant the next day!
- For the Yogi: A good yoga mat is SO needed and I’m sure the yogi in your life will thank you. Cheap mats start to rip, smell and have terrible grip. Make sure you do your research based on your price range but I’d recommend this one by Yoga Design Lab. They are gorgeous, designed in Bali and are machine washable!! – Say whaaa!
- For the Fitness Friend: Get them a cool new gadget to bring their workouts to the next level. I absolutely LOVE resistance bands. They can be used at home or at the gym and I love that. I’d recommend these ones by Blue Sky 001. The different colours represent the resistance level to constantly keep you guessing or buy 1 set and share with the whole family!
- For the Foodie: NOTHING says I love you, like a Vitamix. Seriously, nothing 🙂 . My boyfriend got me this one for our 6 year anniversary and it has been the best thing ever. You can pick one based on your needs and budget but definitely add this to your list. I love how creamy it makes my smoothies and soups. No chunks – ever!
- For the Cappuccino Lover: A few years ago I wanted a nice frothy latte at home but didn’t want to fork over the big bucks for a huge system. Here enters the Aerolatte! It’s less than $20 Canadian so even less in USD. FYI, as a little big of a background, I used to work at Starbucks so this girl definitely knows what good foam is like! I found this on amazon and it was so cheap and worked perfectly! My first one did die after 2 years but my current one is going strong (for more than 2 years now). I actually have this exact cow design 🙂 So cute.
- For the Self-Care Junkie: I absolutely LOVE my Pranamat. I think it makes a great gift for someone special in your life. You can read my full review here. It’s a great way to unwind at the end of the night and get that blood flowing too. For 10% off your own, you can use my code balancingandie10 or click this link to go directly to their site with the code applied.
- For the Sustainability Conscious Woman: This is a bit personal so I’d only suggest getting this for someone who wants it, knows about it or someone you are VERY close to but I switched to a Diva Cup about 6 months ago and I love it. It’s a menstrual cup that can be inserted for up to 12 hours. You can workout with it, sleep with it and pretty much do whatever else you normally would do with it in (minus intercourse). It is way more comfortable than tampons, has no icky chemicals as it’s made from silicon and not to mention more sustainable for the environment. I could go on and on about why I switched but I’ll spare you and maybe write a longer blog post for those who do want to read about my experience. There are 2 models, one for women who have given childbirth and one for women who haven’t.
- For the on-the-go Health-Conscious Person: I love protein shakes and drink them 5-7 times a week for breakfast or in the morning. They are easy, nutrient dense with fruit, vegetables and protein. Protein (and fat – like almond butter) helps keep my smoothies filling and satiated. The quality of your protein is super important because you could be pumping yourself of protein but if you are not absorbing it, what is the point, right! This Garden of Life Protein in their vanilla flavour is so versatile when combining in any flavour combo, vegan, gluten-free, soy free, non-gmo & organic. Wow that was a mouthful! I love the care that goes into their products. That’s not to say they are the only protein I consume, so if you need other recommendations, just holla!
Okay, that’s it for now friends! I hope this gave you an idea of what the health nuts in your life would love to receive to help keep them steady on their journey and perhaps even take it to the next level. If you EVER have any questions, always feel free to contact me by commenting below or emailing me by clicking here.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small referral fee if you make a purchase using this link at no additional cost to you. Additionally, none of above images are my own (excluding the Pranamat photo) but are taken from the Companies’ websites directly.