I love quick vegetable dishes that I can whip up and taste good, which usually involves an oven. This is almost too easy and I know you will love it! The cabbage gets nice and crispy on the outside while still being crisp and crunchy on the inside. If you like your cabbage more cooked, you can add some cooking time to my recommended time.
Substitutions: I used almond butter for the sauce but you can also make a peanut butter sauce or whatever nut butter you prefer to use. The thickness of the sauce will vary too depending on how thick your nut butter is so just start gradually and build it to the desired consistency.
I’d love for you to try my recipe 🙂 ! Please tag me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @balancingandie so I can see your lovely creation friends! To never miss a post again, you can subscribe to my blog on your right hand panel and receive some free meal prep tips too!
Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Almond Butter Sauce
- 1 small head of green savoy cabbage (or your favourite variety)
- 2 tsp avocado oil (or mild oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
Almond Butter Sauce
- 2 tbsp nut butter (I prefer almond)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp siracha (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp - 4 tbsp water (depending on how thin you want your sauce)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Wash and dry your cabbage. Cut into 8 wedges by cutting in half, then half those pieces, then half those pieces resulting in 8 wedges.
- Drizzle avocado oil on cabbage, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in the oven and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile the cabbage is cooking, combine all the ingredients (minus the water) for the dressing in a small bowl. Start adding the water gradually until it is your desired consistency.
- Check the cabbage after 12 minutes. At this point, if you like it less crunchy, continue cooking for a couple more minutes making sure it doesn't burn.
- Drizzle with almond butter sauce and enjoy!
© 2021 Copyright © 2016-2018 Balancing Andie