I LOVE crispy cauliflower and ever since I finally caved and bought an air fryer, we have been loving making this recipe! I love how the cauliflower gets crispy on the outside but still have soft sections and how easily we can eat half to a full head of cauliflower in one sitting. The air fryer has easily become one of my favourite appliances in no time.
We decided to buy this Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 air fryer because it has a double basket that lets you cook the same food or different foods on various setting. It’s a bit larger than a regular air fryer but not much more so it just made sense for us to get the larger one. Food cooks best in a single layer in an air fryer so having two baskets is PERFECT if you want extra crispy food and don’t like doing multiple batches. Finally, I also meal prep using the air fryer as well so I highly recommend the larger double basket one.
This crispy cauliflower is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and uses Indian spices like coriander, turmeric, garlic powder and chili powder. The perfect dish to enjoy as an appetizer or as part of a meal like a rice bowl with some tofu or chicken. You could even dip in a yogurt based sauce.
Look at how crispy those pieces look! PERFECTION! The crunchy pumpkin seeds add such a nice nutty flavour. The trick to the crispiest cauliflower is making sure it is washed and dried! Moisture will stop the cauliflower from getting as crispy as we all want so make sure to pat it with a towel or let it sit to drain for awhile.
I can’t wait for you guys to try this easy recipe! It comes together in such a flash. I just know you’ll love it. Please tag me @balancingandie on socials when you make the recipe. I love seeing all your creations!
Indian Spiced Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1/2 head of large cauliflower florets (about 4-5 heaping cups)
- 3 tbsp mild oil of choice
- 1/4 tsp of each fine grain salt, black pepper, ginger, cumin, turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp cilantro (or other herb of choice like parsley or mint)
- In a large bowl, add your cauliflower, oil and toss.
- Add spices and toss again until well coated.
- Air fry in a single layer for 20-25 minutes until cauliflower is as crispy as you'd like. Shake the basket periodically to cook evenly and enjoy!
2 Replies to “Indian Spiced Air Fryer Cauliflower”
No temperature given!
I think 390F and 12-15 minutes enough.