Taking a break from all the pumpkin and sweet potato recipes being made in my kitchen to bring you a lighter zucchini bread recipe! Clearly I like hiding some extra veggies into my baking. Why not right? More fiber and vitamins & minerals for me! & you because you should be making these recipes asap! I was trying to make this recipe a bit more of a savoury bread that could be paired with some avocado and bacon or jam if you were feeling your sweet tooth that day.
This bread is dairy-free, soy free and doesn’t contain any refined sugar. It does contain gluten from the whole wheat flour but if needed, you could substitute with a gluten-free baking blend or more almond flour but I haven’t tried these substitutions. Unfortunately, some gluten-free baking bread is super dense so if you sub with it, proceed at your own risk!! 🙂
I topped the bread with walnuts for some crunchy goodness but you could also use pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, coconut etc.
In the mood for more fall-ish recipes? Try some of my favourites below!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Squares
Sweet Potato Gluten-free Pancakes
Fall Spiced Apple Chutney
Pairing the zucchini bread with some jam and a coffee was the perfect satisfying breakfast.
Drooling over this close up yet? Don’t! It’s such an easy recipe to whip up.
I can’t wait to see you try this recipe! Please tag me @balancingandie on all socials. I LOVE seeing your creations. To never miss a post again, you can subscribe to my blog on your right hand panel and receive a freebie!
Healthy Breakfast Zucchini Bread (Dairy-free, Soy-free & No Refined Sugar)
Ensure to squeeze the water out of the grated zucchini or the bread will be very soggy. This bread isn't really meant to be a sweet bread but rather one that can be used as a sweet or savory bread depending on the toppings. If you want it more like a dessert bread, add more coconut sugar!
Note: You could also substitute butter or almond butter for coconut oil if you don't have it on hand.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oats (quick, steel cut or rolled)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (more if you want a sweeter bread)
- 1/4 tsp fine grain salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup grated zucchini (packed - squeeze out excess water)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
Optional add ins:
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (reserve 2 tbsp for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out the water with your hands. You can use a cheese cloth or just do it 1 handful at a time (very important step!). Add to large bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave. Add coconut oil to zucchini blow and mix remaining wet ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and lightly combine. Fold in walnuts (reserving the topping), if using.
- Transfer to lined loaf pan, top with 2 tbsp walnuts, if using.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing.
- Top with jam or eat as is! Enjoy and store in the refrigerator.
© 2021 Copyright © 2016-2018 Balancing Andie