Bananas have got to be my favourite fruit because there are literally 100 uses for them. Ask anyone, my freezer usually has 2 bunches of frozen bananas on rotation! They are naturally sweet and can really take the place of a lot of sugar in baking. When using bananas in baking, always make sure they are super ripe (very spotty or even black!).
Additionally, I chose to use tahini in this recipe. I just love the roasted peanut-y flavour it gives without the actual peanuts (because I’m allergic!) but any nut butter should do the trick. I won’t lie, these one bowl cookies will not last long in your house! Plus they are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and peanut free! My motto is, the less dishes the better so if I can avoid multiple bowls, trust me I always do!
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe! Please remember to tag me on socials @balancingandie so I can see your lovely creations. It just makes my day!
Grain-free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Cookies
- 2 spotted and ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup tahini (or other nut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients in the order listed.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 20 minutes (to make it less sticky).
- The mixture will be wet so use a spoon to scoop 1 heaping tbsp onto the baking tray. Pat down gently.
- Bake for approximately 13-15 minutes (depending on your oven) until the bottoms are golden brown and top is firm but still soft. Transfer to rack to cool before eating. Enjoy!